ICWE 2024 is inviting proposals for high-quality workshops to complement its scientific program. Workshop topics should fall within the broad area of Web Engineering, but we specifically welcome workshops tackling novel, cutting-edge topics as well as workshops covering focused Web Engineering sub-areas, and cross-disciplinary workshops. The workshop organizers are highly encouraged to include interactive and hands-on working sessions, as well as account for the theme of ICWE 2024: “Ethical and Human-Centric Web Engineering: Balancing Innovation and Responsibility for the Web”.
The organizers of approved workshops are responsible for advertising their workshops, collecting papers, managing the review process, making accepted papers available to workshop participants (e.g., workshop website), and collecting the camera-ready copies and copyright forms of accepted papers (verifying that they comply with formatting rules). Organizers are expected to be present to attend, run, and manage their workshops. Conference facilities such as meeting rooms, wireless Internet and meals will be provided by the local organizers.
SUBMISSION FOR WORKSHOPS
Workshop proposals should include the following information:
- Title of the workshop
- Organizers and primary contact (name/affiliation/email)
- Abstract (200 words), intended for the main ICWE conference website
- Expected length of the workshop (full day, half day)
- Relationship with the ICWE community
- Plans for advertising the workshop and making the workshop visible to the community
Objectives, Topics and Size
- Goals of the workshop
- Workshop topics
- Estimated number of participants.
- Format of the workshop (e.g., paper-based, discussion-based, invitation-based, work or hands-on sessions, or hybrid);
- Format of hands-on session(s) (demos, hackathon, brainstorming, discussions, case elaboration, etc.)
Previous Editions (if applicable)
- Links to previous edition websites
- Number of participants in previous editions
- Number of submissions received and accepted in previous editions
- Information about workshop organizers: names, addresses, affiliations, short bio, and name of the main contact person. (Including relevant past experience in workshop organization)
- For paper-based workshops, list of PC members and estimated number of submissions and of papers to be accepted.
ICWE 2024’s workshop proceedings are foreseen to be bundled and published as a dedicated post-workshop proceedings volume to appear in one of Springer series (LNCS or CCIS). To appear in this volume, the specific conditions of the series will apply (https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/editor-guidelines-for-springer-proceedings).
For the sake of visibility, we highly encourage workshop organizers to participate in the bundled post-workshop proceedings. Other forms of contributions having their own proceedings arrangement can be discussed with the workshop chairs.
Workshop organizers are free to further negotiate publication of extended versions of workshop papers in dedicated journals.
Workshop URL (Please include the link to your Call for Papers)
Submissions and reviewing are supported by the EasyChair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icwe2024
All dates are according to the time zone “Anywhere on Earth”, i.e., UTC-12.
- Submission of proposals: January 10, 2024
- Notification of proposal acceptance: February 1, 2024
- Workshop paper submission deadline: April 14, 2024
- Notification deadline: May 5, 2024
- Workshop Day: June 17, 2024
- Post-proceedings camera-ready deadline: July 20, 2024
- Patrick Marcel, University of Orléans, France
- Cesare Pautasso, USI, Lugano, Switzerland
Questions about submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org